Unleashing the Power of Diversity
– How to Open Minds for Good
By Bjørn Z. Ekelund
Publisher: Routledge (UK and USA)
– the world's leading academic publisher in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
One of the 10 best HR books of 2019 according the reputable Bamboo HR.
The tool and approach presented in the book, the Diversity Icebreaker (DI), has been successfully applied across 70 countries and with 250,000 participants. The book shows how to break down barriers and provides a new way to conceptualise diversity across various boundaries, allowing for trust and unity to form and creating a pathway for improving communication, using DI.
It discusses how the tool can be used to achieve a meaningful impact in a broader context: to create a common language across teams and organisations; reinforce positive identity; build trust between people and towards processes; supports innovation and help making diversity sustainable.
The pedogagical approach, clear intent and easy to understand language make it an engaging read for anyone who wants to communicate better with people with different communication preferences, different professional and cultural backgrounds; as well for professionals who help others to achieve that aim (consultans, councellors, facilitators, etc.).
The complex problems that many organizations and teams now face are global in scope, including cultural, social and environmental issues. In this ground-breaking book, award-winning consultant and author, Bjørn Ekelund, presents a clear step-by-step approach to communicate with people who have different mindsets, perspectives and cultural backgrounds. It is relevant and applicable across various contexts – within the workplace; inter-professional; across different industries and cultures, and between corporate, governmental and NGO groups.
Six references from universities, consultants etc. Read more..
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Introduction: Diversity Icebreaker´s potential of doing Good
- Red, Blue and Green and Diversity Icebreaker: The evolution from underlying principles
- Communication models
- On the power of reflexivity
- A deeper look at the scientific disciplines and professional cultures
- Ethno-geographical cultural differences
- Promoting Green creativity and innovation
- Promoting Blue efficiency
- Promoting Red collective identity and trust
- Dignity and personal development
You can f.ex. place your order at Amazon or as extra material when you order Diversity Icebreaker material here